Author Topic: Only work with 10 Mbit network  (Read 189 times)

ben

Only work with 10 Mbit network
« on: March 04, 2020, 03:42:11 pm »
Hi all

I really like the product Pockethernet.
But since I bought it in December 2016, There is a problem that has always bothers me very much.

My Pockethernet can only work with 10 Mbit network.

If the switch port is not set to 10M, Only basic function such as Wiremap, TDR, TDR Graph, etc. test can work normally, Other network test functions have never worked normally. Link test always shows Link down, DHCP No result, the Ethernet wire pair status LEDs never showed blue or white.

I have tried several different switches or home routers and the results are the same.
I also tried beta android versions 3.2a
I have reset Pockethernet several times, and also upgraded the firmware to Latest Firmware (Beta version v32).
None of the above methods are useful :(

It looks like there is a communication problem between Pockethernet's Network Interface and the Switch.
Whether the switch port is set to Auto Negotiation or 100M or 1000M, they are invalid. Only set to 10M can work normally.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix it?
Is there a way to see the output logs? Maybe through USB Serial COM?

Hardware Version: 5
Firmware version: 31
App version: 2.6i
App version: 3.2a
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:07:18 pm by ben »

WorcsIT-Ed

Re: Only work with 10 Mbit network
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 02:56:37 pm »
If you've reset and upgraded the firmware it sounds like a faulty device - i'd get in touch for a replacement.

May be worth trying the firmware update a couple of times with a full reset just to be sure.

ben

Re: Only work with 10 Mbit network
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 03:58:23 am »
ok, I will try a few more times and then inform the final result

Keep in touch ^_^