Author Topic: Version v31 feedback  (Read 5410 times)

vanaalten

Re: Version v31 feedback
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 02:46:47 PM »
See other threads in this forum, for example:
https://forum.pockethernet.com/index.php?topic=343
...and conclude: yes, this product is dead, no updates for more than TWO YEARS. No feedback from developers for more than 8 months.

islanderfj

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »
How will we know when v31 is no longer beta and ready for normal production install?  I'm hesitant to apply a beta firmware, this tool is critical for me and don't want to have some firmware brick it.

zeb

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2019, 06:08:42 PM »
It's looking highly likely that v31 will never leave its beta status.  The whole Pockethernet project appears to have been abandoned.  The director, Zoltan, no longer replies to emails and hasn't been on the forum since the 7th of October!  Emailing support/info doesn't get a reply either!

I'm running v31 on my Pockethernet and app version 2.8a (on Android) and it still works fine.  In fact I used it earlier today having not used it for a long time and the battery was still charged.

I really hope something good happens to the project because it's a very useful piece of kit.  It's not the tool I first reach for but it's very useful when needed.

eits

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »
great idea, great product - worst development, worst communication ever seen. still useful ;)