Author Topic: It would be nice to have a pocket ethernet/pocket otdr tester.  (Read 675 times)

mo33612

I use my pocketethernet on the regular never leave home with out it. However I would like to see if you guys are ever looking at creating a pocketotdr tester for fiber testing? It would be nice to have an all in one tester? Just a thought!

MO

jhoughton

Re: It would be nice to have a pocket ethernet/pocket otdr tester.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:00:13 PM »
I use my pocketethernet on the regular never leave home with out it. However I would like to see if you guys are ever looking at creating a pocketotdr tester for fiber testing? It would be nice to have an all in one tester? Just a thought!

MO

I wonder if that "future use" port on the device is just that?

J.

jhoughton

Re: It would be nice to have a pocket ethernet/pocket otdr tester.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:09:00 PM »
I know that Trip Lite has a pretty decent product.  I bought one and its pretty darn good and i love the little bugger (yep its pretty small, but full of features - nudge nudge wink wink).

The only thing, is you have to purchase the specific adapter for each type of fiber cable you want to test (LC, SC, etc), but they are also not expensive.

I believe this is it (sorry my browser is having issues, so i cant verify the site):

https://www.tripplite.com/fc-sc-62.5-125-adapter-multi-function-optical-fiber-cable-tester-male-female~T020001SC62

BTW; saying "on the regular" is it safe to say you are from the UK?

Hope the link helps, but yes, it would be nice to have that built into this device, although it would mean buying the new advanced model.  Then again, i wonder what that "future use" thing is on the Pocket Ethernet, anyone?

J.