Author Topic: Version v30 feedback  (Read 4418 times)

Zoltan

• Administrator
Version v30 feedback
« on: July 27, 2018, 12:15:08 AM »
Please post your feedback here

ShadowLord

Re: Version v30 feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 08:26:35 AM »
Hi,

Normally I'm using an iPhone to do my measurements so no v30 for me yet :(
I do have an Android Phone that I use for experimenting/playing around with that I could use to test v30 with. However, if I update the Pockethernet to v30 would I still be able to use it with the old iPhone app when I don't have the Android Phone around? The Android's battery tends to run out rather quickly :)

knlx

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 08:28:54 AM »
I remember a tweet of you guys saying that IPv6 support was scheduled for first half of 2018. What is about that? I did not see anything in the changelog.

Mike1233

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 11:51:37 AM »
I have used this version now for a couple of times and it works for me. No connexion problems with the Android phone. I can get no connexion to the network if I use a fixed ip adres.. I think I do something wrong.
Is it also possible to change the mac adres of the PE to check if a fixed ip ades at the router is given to a specific mac adres?

Mike1233

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 02:11:53 AM »
If i test a couple of things to test my report is messed up. When is test TDR, PoE, Link, DHCP and CDP/LLDP the text of the names is written trough the results og the test.

Leec232

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 02:30:34 AM »
Hi everybody
New version works perfectly for me its great, good job. The only thing I see is the report comes out a bit messed up at the mo and not as clear and defined as the old version but I assume this is something you are aware of.

JP

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 02:51:54 AM »
- Bluetooth connection seems faster (tested on Pixel 2 XL)

- Wiremap works good, better that there is no "OK" next to every pair, not thrilled that it still doesn't point out the mis-matched wires easily (you still have to take time to inspect the numbers left and right for what's wired wrong)

- DHCP did not work 1st try - changed setting to 60sec, worked.  Changed back to 10sec, worked.  Can't re-produce problem on this particular network.  DHCP server is a firewall (hardware) device, not a server in this case.

- When testing External IP, app crashed, said lost connection to Pockethernet - I had to power it off/on again to reconnect.
...problem here is corporate Internet filter was blocking "ip-api.com" as a security risk (IP address display sites are commonly used by viruses and you need to anticipate that may be blocked, and exit gracefully with an error)

- Ping, to server 1 works, server 2 never resolves, app crashed, said lost connection to Pockethernet - I had to power it on/off again to reconnect.
Tried a second time, both worked
Tried a third time, server 1 works, server 2 never resolves, app crashed,  said lost connection to Pockethernet - I had to power it on/off again to reconnect.

- CDP/LLDP is no longer reporting the VLAN I'm in, or the switch details when in an access port, or trunk port.

I'll post more details as I discover it.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:54:46 AM by JP »

jmone

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 02:24:52 AM »
Just received my Pockerthernet and updated the firmware and map.  Could be a newbie issue but:
- BER does not seem to work.  The arrows spin but no results are displayed.  Tried a few cables and all the BER setting
- Blinker does not seem to work.  My switch always stays on Gigabit and the light flashes (but not in a regular pattern) regardless of the settings in Blinker.  The switch I tested it on is a Unifi 48 Port POE

Rest is looking pretty good so far.

Thanks
Nathan

stsch69

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »
Hallo,

das liegt wohl an der App.
Ich habe die beta Firmware mit mit der "normalen" App unter Android und iOS probiert: BER hat funktioniert. mit der Beta App unter Android ging es nicht.

LG
Steffen

Smakodak

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 02:31:23 PM »
Nexus 5x - Android 8.1.0 security patch august.
DHCP not stable.
BER not working.

I agree with stsch69. Installed the "old" app, and all is working.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:40:22 PM by Smakodak »

spannerman

Multiple reports Re: Version v30 feedback
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »
Hi we have updated the pocket ethernet with the beta version. We are having trouble producing the reports , a single report from multiple tests.
On the iphone it seems to email out single reports only.
what are we doing wrong?>
Thanks

dloeliger

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
Wiremap doesn't work better than V29 - longer cables fail
BER has same problems

kevin.taylor

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 09:10:25 AM »
Hello, testing on Samsung Note 8 - BER test no longer works
No MAC address showing in INFO, No Hardware Info, No Firmware issue :'(

abramsgunner

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 07:03:37 PM »
Same as Kevin, no BER with  fw 30 and app 30.   I get results if I reinstall and use the 2.8a app instead (even with the 30 firmware).

also, under 30 App...No MAC address showing in INFO, No Hardware Info, No Firmware listed.   All info present with 2.8a app and 30 fw.

LG G5 phone,  Android 6.0.1
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:58:54 PM by abramsgunner »

bishop

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 08:40:10 PM »
https://pockethernet.com/PE_firmware/android-app-test/pockethernet_android_app_v30a.apk

scores 1/60 @ Virustotal

AhnLab-V3    Android-PUP/Malct.7ff0f    20180910

guess false positive.

whitelist?