Author Topic: Just got mine - few issues  (Read 730 times)

Tom

Just got mine - few issues
« on: July 04, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »
Hi All,

Just received my PE and noticed a few issues.

1) Connected to a Cisco 2960 - can not get a link therefore can not run any tests i.e. Traffic / DHCP / Ping /Blink ports etc..
2) Connected to a Linksys E3000 SOHO router - Link works at times when it does i can make the port light on and off however after a few times it seems the PE freezes up, Blink does not work at all - also i had to select 100 as Auto doesn't work.

I hope these are just firmware / software bugs that can be fixed as the majority of my work is on Cisco Switches and i really need the ability to make a link and get data from those ports.  I believe this could be a Portfast thing but none the less still need it to work.

Thanks

Tom

Re: Just got mine - few issues
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 11:32:56 AM »
3) BER seems to only work on 10 - if i select 100 or 1000 app complains "is the loopback connector attached?"

SchattenGeist

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 06:43:31 PM »
2) Connected to a Linksys E3000 SOHO router - Link works at times when it does i can make the port light on and off however after a few times it seems the PE freezes up, Blink does not work at all - also i had to select 100 as Auto doesn't work.
Maybe this: https://forum.pockethernet.com/index.php?topic=292.0" (Device Hang on Blink and Disconnect)

Tom

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 01:15:45 AM »
Sounds like similar issue, glad to see they are looking into it. Hopefully they can fix the link issue as well and tool will be great, just FYI i enabled portfast on one port on my Cisco 2960 to test if that was the issue and i still can not get a link on that port.

Tom

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 10:56:59 AM »
So got a replacement unit and everything is working fine..