Author Topic: Advice to potential purchase  (Read 94 times)

d95gas

Advice to potential purchase
« on: July 01, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »
Hi,

I have been keeping an eye on PE since its inception and think its a brilliant tool to have, however I am a little nervous about purhcasing at the moment due to numerous users having issues with area such as:

Wiremapping Issues
Report Formatting Issues
TDR issues

The other thing I note, and to the developers, no disrespect intended, but the development/patching seems to be very slow.

I cannot afford to spend time with a customer and getting wrong readings, "time means money" as they say, and I have already read of one user who wasted a considerable amount of time due to PE telling him he had miswires, and its seems counter productive having to carry a 2nd device to double check the readings of the first device.

So I am wondering if in general people are happy and have just learned to live with these issues?  or should I hold off to the next firmware release to see if the issues have been sorted out.

To the developers - When will you be releasing new firmware, and will it correct these issues?

Many thanks.

SchattenGeist

Re: Advice to potential purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »
My TDR issues are a "pebkac" problem - it is not easy to read the graph in strange situations. The only bug nagging me I can work around: https://forum.pockethernet.com/index.php?topic=292.0

Overall, I'm happy with it - but I have't used it very often.

d95gas

Re: Advice to potential purchase
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  It would now seem I have another concern, the devlopers not replying to emails or the forum.

I appreciate they are busy developing this, but I dont think this should be at the cost of 1.  Their existing cusomer base.  2.  Potential new buyers.

I really really want this device, have done so since its inception, but these issues are like a little demon sat on my shoulder :-)

Thanks