Author Topic: Report Default Filename Incompatible with Windows  (Read 309 times)

BWheetley

Report Default Filename Incompatible with Windows
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »
I'd like to report a small issue with the report filename syntax being incompatible with the Windows file system.  The colon ":" is not allowed in filenames on the Windows platform.  The only reason I even found out this was an issue was after creating a report, I upload it to our cloud platform that then syncs the files across all our devices.  Those that have Linux machines get the files fine.  Those that have Windows never see the files sync to their device.  After looking through the sync logs it shows that it is not being synced due to invalid characters in the filename. 

Would it be possible to change the colon to an underscore or in the tools menu allow us to format a filename template using variable placeholders such as "Pockethernet report <date> - <Location ID>.pdf".  Would be really cool if we could use any of the field names found in the Report, Create screen.

Thanks

jboxtel

Re: Report Default Filename Incompatible with Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »
We'll fix this in the new version by replacing : characters with '-'. We'll note the request for placeholders in the filename, but this will not come in the next release.