Author Topic: Advice to potential purchase  (Read 233 times)

d95gas

Advice to potential purchase
« on: July 01, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »
Hi,

I have been keeping an eye on PE since its inception and think its a brilliant tool to have, however I am a little nervous about purhcasing at the moment due to numerous users having issues with area such as:

Wiremapping Issues
Report Formatting Issues
TDR issues

The other thing I note, and to the developers, no disrespect intended, but the development/patching seems to be very slow.

I cannot afford to spend time with a customer and getting wrong readings, "time means money" as they say, and I have already read of one user who wasted a considerable amount of time due to PE telling him he had miswires, and its seems counter productive having to carry a 2nd device to double check the readings of the first device.

So I am wondering if in general people are happy and have just learned to live with these issues?  or should I hold off to the next firmware release to see if the issues have been sorted out.

To the developers - When will you be releasing new firmware, and will it correct these issues?

Many thanks.

SchattenGeist

Re: Advice to potential purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »
My TDR issues are a "pebkac" problem - it is not easy to read the graph in strange situations. The only bug nagging me I can work around: https://forum.pockethernet.com/index.php?topic=292.0

Overall, I'm happy with it - but I have't used it very often.

d95gas

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  It would now seem I have another concern, the devlopers not replying to emails or the forum.

I appreciate they are busy developing this, but I dont think this should be at the cost of 1.  Their existing cusomer base.  2.  Potential new buyers.

I really really want this device, have done so since its inception, but these issues are like a little demon sat on my shoulder :-)

Thanks

WrightClick

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 08:24:52 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  It would now seem I have another concern, the devlopers not replying to emails or the forum.

I appreciate they are busy developing this, but I dont think this should be at the cost of 1.  Their existing cusomer base.  2.  Potential new buyers.

I really really want this device, have done so since its inception, but these issues are like a little demon sat on my shoulder :-)

Thanks

The Pockethernet looks great in all the marketing blurb and should be a really useful tool. Unfortunately I bought one before discovering there are issues with the basic functionality of the device. I've had no reply to a message posted on this forum last week and no reply to an email sent to them yesterday. I've just posted on their Facebook page to see if that jogs them into life. They have 24 hours before I take it up with my credit card company, in order to get a refund for a product which is not fit for purpose and has terrible support.