Author Topic: Blinker Link not established  (Read 501 times)

IrishBiker

Blinker Link not established
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:47:36 PM »
Hi All

Just the unit today and its pretty impressive. I've updated it to the latest firmware and I was putting it through its paces. I was testing the various Blinker options, then it appeared to crash. Now when I connected all the options work with the exception of the Blinker, when I try and run a test, it displays the message Link not established. I am testing it on a Cisco 2950.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul

Chevronpcs

Re: Blinker Link not established
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:16:56 PM »
Same here just got my PE today updated to the latest firmware. Tried Blinker test ... clicked ON the LED on the switch comes on but does not blink. There is another button marked Blink but it does nothing. Not clear what this does exactly. Another time there is no LED light on the router and Link Not Established message.   

Update ... had the PE on charge for 4 hours tried the Blinker function again ... now it works ...ON button makes the LED on the switch constant ... Blink makes the LED blink on and off very slowly

Working OK now since doing full battery charge as I had used it straight out of the box from delivery. The blink option now flashes the switch port on and off slowly.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:59:52 PM by Chevronpcs »

IrishBiker

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:20:59 PM »
As an update I get the same as Chevronpcs, i.e. the port no longer lights up. It will only work if I reset the unit however when I try the blinker function again the same error occurs.

JP

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:27:52 PM »
When you are "blinking" the link LED, basically you are rapidly linking with the switch and then unlinking - some switches will detect this as a port fault and then shutdown the port.  Try "blinking" as slow as possible, or disable those protections on your switch, or don't use that feature.  It's not a Pockethernet problem per say, it's that rapidly linking and unlinking an Ethernet port is not really an intended/normal function for any switch.