Author Topic: LLDP - Vlan tags  (Read 2945 times)

sgottleb

LLDP - Vlan tags
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
Is there a way to get VLAN tags to show up in the LLDP/CDP section of the test?

Thanks again for this amazing product.

snowmanjax

Re: LLDP - Vlan tags
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:05:56 PM »
sgottleb,

Between PE charges (I use it so much! 12-16 hour shifts don't help either.), I've had to find an alternative solution. If you use Windows, try the freebie LDWin (https://github.com/chall32/LDWin/blob/master/LDWin.exe?raw=true). It provides CDP/LLDP, VLAN, machine IP, and switch IP. Due to CDP/LLDP report times, it can take up to a minute to report, then you can save as a text file.

Just make sure you choose the right NIC inside your machine. It does work with USB to ethernet adapters, too. CDP/LLDP tags can be reported over wireless, provided you left it turned on. My network has it turned off for better response and throughput, however.

This post wasn't a plug for the software, just an alternative to help others. Hope this helps!

Pockethernet rules!

snowmanjax

JP

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »
Cool software snowmanjax - appreciate it.

...but Pockethernet does show the VLAN ID, sometimes (for example on many Cisco switches I've seen it work, but on Netgear no) when it does appear it's under the LLDP information section of the PDF report.

sgottleb

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »
Yeah I found it on my cisco switches but not my HP which is what we are switching to so I will be moving this to the issues forum so our Pockethernet friends can track it.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:49:59 PM by sgottleb »