Author Topic: Pockethernet recommended/branded tone probe?  (Read 3309 times)

wrapsbear

Pockethernet recommended/branded tone probe?
« on: November 03, 2016, 05:46:38 AM »
I don't know why I expected/thought that a probe would be included.

Can you recommend a decent, inexpensive probe?

Assuming that the minimal wiring is cheap, perhaps you could design and sell a small run of extremely simple 'branded' probes, you could call it the PockeTone or PockeToneProbe - maybe sell it as part of a deluxe kit with your Pockethernet for another 10-15

JeffB

Re: Pockethernet recommended/branded tone probe?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:00:49 AM »
I think it says "Amplifier not included" in their FAQ.  Here's a cheap one.  http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8134

alf

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
A recommendation would be great, should be in the FAQ maybe.

JeffB

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
All the tone generation brains are in the PE, so any amplifier will do.  But that said, this is the one I use.  I't got a headphone jack if you are in an office environment where you don't want to disturb others, very powerful amp, and a flashlight, and is from a solid name brand and well built.   https://amzn.com/B0042VII52

Mike1233

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 09:31:59 PM »
I have tested it with the Intelli Tone 200 Probe, in analog mode and this works good.

jboxtel

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »
Just to confirm, yes any analog tone probe should work fine with Pockethernet. Intellitone digital toning is patented by fluke, so we can't support that unfortunately. (but it's analog mode should work fine)

Producing a Pockethernet sounds like a good idea, but we don't really have the resources at the moment to work on that. Sounds like a good idea for the future though.

techieg33k

• Deja Vu
    • Try New Technology Networx
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 05:06:33 AM »
@JeffB - Thanks for the link to that probe.  I put it on my Amazon Wishlist and will pick it up here this month or next I think.