Author Topic: TDR Times  (Read 2258 times)

smdandb2

TDR Times
« on: October 28, 2016, 12:04:01 AM »
I just got my Pockethernet today, and I am excited to have it.

I was just playing around with some things, and tried to do a TDR test on some longer runs into my warehouse.  I am not getting any results though on those longer runs.  I've let me phone sit for over 10 minutes while it was measuring, and nothing.  If I run a TDR test on the same panel to a cable run I know is shorter (30m or so) it will give me a pretty accurate result.

Should I be waiting longer than 10 minutes for this test to run on cables I know are pushing that 100m limit?

Thanks.

jboxtel

Re: TDR Times
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 12:09:59 AM »
Hi! Great to hear you got it already. No you shouldn't have to wait 10 minutes. We know there's an issue with cables which are 40+ meters at the moment. Fix should come this week/early next for this.

smdandb2

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 12:23:14 AM »
Perfect, thank you.

jboxtel

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »
We solved the TDR issue with longer cables. If you update your app it should work normal.

JeffB

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 09:22:57 PM »
Is this an update to both iOS and Android apps?  What is the latest version number for each?  Thanks.

jboxtel

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:19:32 PM »
Yes. But just checked it in the store and it seems the iOS app hasn't been accepted yet. Will look into that.

Michiel

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »
The new app is definitely more consistent in the time that it takes for measurements. However, sometimes the measurement still hangs (at least it seems so) forever on long cables (in my case the cables are all around 50-55 meters). I've tried around 20 measurements with the new firmware and app this morning and got 19 working straight away, 1 that hanged but was successful on second try.

smdandb2

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »
It certainly is quite a bit better, thank you for actually taking the time to follow up on these issues... it is much appreciated.

I haven't had one hang during testing with the update, but I am still not getting results on runs that approach that 100m mark.  I just get a result that says Open.  Not Open @ xxx ft.

I think the furthest result I have gotten is right about at the 35m mark.  Anything beyond that and I get no result, just Open.

I know the runs are good because they were all certified with some Fluke tester when the contractors did all the wiring, and we have had devices on them without issue.

Thanks again guys.  I am excited to have this thing in my toolbox.