Author Topic: Unable to pair to iOS  (Read 2277 times)

MikeMSD

Unable to pair to iOS
« on: October 12, 2016, 11:07:37 PM »
I've upgraded to the latest firmware and am unable to pair my Pockethernet with iOS devices. I have so far tried to pair to my iPhone 7 Plus, my friends iPhone 7, and a coworkers iPhone 6. The Pockethernet does not show up on any of them. However my coworkers Android devices are readily seeing it and are able to pair. I am running iOS 10.0.2

jboxtel

Re: Unable to pair to iOS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 12:37:45 PM »
Hi Mike. It seems a problem with iOS 10. We're looking into it now.

JeffB

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:29:06 PM »
Mine connects via the app, but there's no pairing.   I am running iOS 10.0.2 if that helps.

Zoltan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 12:59:54 AM »
Dear Mike,

Just to rule out the obvious: Did you try simply using the connect button in the app?
On iOS, no pairing in the bluetooth menu is needed therefore Pockethernet also doesn't show up there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:10:38 AM by Zoltan »

jboxtel

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 01:29:18 PM »
Hi all. Just got a report from a user that once he updated to ios 10.0.3 the problem was solved. Could you guys test that, and let me know if you are able to pair it as usual?

MikeMSD

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:28 AM »
I had tried to connect through the app, but that wasn't working. Looks like 10.0.3 resolved it though. I am able to connect now.

JeffB

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:00:14 AM »
Yep, with 10.0.3 the connection appears to be very solid now.  I did notice that if I press the connection tab again and manually disconnect, then I have to turn the Pockethernet off and back on to connect again. But otherwise it stays connected all the way until it automatically powers off.

JeffB

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »
I'm still running 10.0.3 and there are lots of disconnects from Pockethernet after v22. Can't get traffic test to complete without disconnect. 
Sometimes I have to power off and back on to reconnect.

I am upgrading to 10.1 now to see if that helps.   

JeffB

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 01:34:26 AM »
With iOS 10.1 and v22, it is more solid, but still an issue.  Here's what happens:
Generally if the tests are successful or minimal, the PE is fine. 
But if I run a longer test such as Traffic, the counter goes up to 50 but the icon keeps spinning.  Eventually it will either disconnect, or the iOS app will crash. Reproducible.
The other problem test is BER.  I can run 1000 tests without issue.  But if I try a 10 test, it hangs after it gets to 2000 packets, PE disconnects and a power cycle is required to reconnect.
This also happens with 100 tests set for 1518 bytes. PE disconnects and a power cycle is required to reconnect.
In some cases, after a crash, I can no longer connect to the PE, and have to power cycle it.  This seems to happen less under iOS 10.1

DaveC

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »
Hi,

I am having similar problems with running my new Pockethernet on an iPhone 5S running iOS 9.2.1.  I am avoid updating my phone to a later iOS - last time I did the battery life was only 8-10 hours despite attempting all the normal 'fixes'.  It eventually fixed itself after 3 months.   I'm not taking the chance of having the same problems with a new update - having an 8 hour battery life on my phone was too much of a pain!

Pockethernet doesn't show up on Bluetooth menu.  I can connect and have it work through the app, but it is unstable and stops responding after a while.  I need to reboot the Pockethernet to get it connected again.

Pockethernet works great on a Nexus7 tablet.

Would be great if you can fix it so I can use Pockethernet on my phone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk