Author Topic: Printed Stickers/ Labels for Acrylic end plates  (Read 2784 times)

JeffB

Printed Stickers/ Labels for Acrylic end plates
« on: October 11, 2016, 03:23:37 am »
Printed Stickers/ Labels for Acrylic end plates / back with pair number and LED numbers with LED  color function table. This would also help filter LED colors to make them more visible and make your product look much more complete and professional.

Blackbird_71

Re: Printed Stickers/ Labels for Acrylic end plates
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »
I would be happy for a sticker that had the quick test light codes.

jboxtel

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 04:13:37 pm »
I like the idea. Will discuss this with zoltan.

JP

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 04:28:48 pm »
I did exactly this for mine, becasue it's not an everyday tool for me I kept forgetting some functions.
If you'd like the template (it's a word doc) that you can edit, here's a link: http://jpelectron.com/sample/Pockethernet/

Steps to make it look nice...
 - Edit the document to include your name/company, change some of the text to have color (if you have a color printer, I don't)
 - Print it out
 - Remove the front and back clear plates on your Pockethernet
 - Put the plate face up (beveled screw holes up) ontop of the paper you printed
 - Positioning the plate so all the text fits within the clear plate, hold it down and don't move it
 - Take a sharp exacto knife and cut around the plate, as close as possible, also cut out the Ethernet jack hole
 - Take a pencil and mark within all the other holes (USB jack, power switch, 3.5mm jack, screw holes)
 - For the round holes you can use a hole punch, or carefully cut with exacto knife.
 - Optionally, create small cut-outs for the 5 LED positions (this lets more light out, useful if you use flashlight mode)
 - Place the paper cut-out in the correct end of Pockethenet
 - Screw the clear plates on over the paper insert, do NOT over-tighten the screws (you can crack the plate)

P.S. New firmware working great - thank you!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:00:34 am by JP »

JeffB

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 12:46:15 am »
Pinging this Feature Request to see if there's been any more discussion.  Thanks.