Author Topic: Desktop / Web application  (Read 190 times)

squeeb

Desktop / Web application
« on: March 31, 2018, 06:21:36 PM »
Hi,

I love my Pockethernet, I use it for every cable I make and in daily troubleshooting.

While I love it's simplicity, there's a fair few situations where I just can't get to my phone to initiate some of the tests, and I'll be sat right infront of a desktop machine at the time.

I'd love to be able to use the functionality from my desktop machine either over Bluetooth or via my phone, maybe with the app acting as some kind of proxy.

If I could connect the pockethernet to my phone and leave the app running and then open a UI via a browser of some kind, that would also be great.

snowmanjax

Re: Desktop / Web application
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 05:58:59 PM »
What tests are you trying to run? I've seen a few CDP/LLDP (and DHCP) tests take a few times to populate, as that kind of into can take up to 60 seconds to pull. You can change the timeout of DHCP in tools > settings > from 10 sec to 60 sec. That can also help on the CDP/LLDP tests. On some switches and routers, I've had to do that, as they are weird on their CDP/LLDP info. Also, a lot of companies turn off that info for security purposes. Kind of a pain, but they do it.

If you are wanting a Windows desktop application, try LDWin. It's free, and works well, especially if you forgot your PE at your desk. It's not a replacement for the PE, by any means, but worth looking into. First link on Google is a GitHub page. All the way at the bottom, next to the donate button, press "Click here to download latest version." It's a single executable, and you can save the data as a text file.

Hopefully at least some of this info helps you out!

snowman

allenrowand

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 04:38:27 AM »
Hi,

I love my Pockethernet, I use it for every cable I make and in daily troubleshooting.

While I love it's simplicity, there's a fair few situations where I just can't get to my phone to initiate some of the tests, and I'll be sat right infront of a desktop machine at the time.

I'd love to be able to use the functionality from my desktop machine either over Bluetooth or via my phone, maybe with the app acting as some kind of proxy.

If I could connect the pockethernet to my phone and leave the app running and then open a UI via a browser of some kind, that would also be great.

If you're using an Android phone you could remotely control control it with https://www.vysor.io/

Marionut

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 04:33:33 AM »
What is the program that should have? Can you tell me? I really want to know.