Author Topic: Wiremap Issues  (Read 809 times)

dloeliger

Wiremap Issues
« on: August 11, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »
Hello,

I'm currently having quite some issues with the wiremap fuction.
FW: 29
SW: last iOS

Maybe it's a special cable, solid core, 100m. Testing with an other wire tester, all is ok. Pockethernet: 7 an shield connected... Second cable (same product): Other tester: ok, Pockethernet: 1-2-3 bridged, or 3 borken, or all ok and 7 and shield bridged...
On short cables no problem, but here it isn't reliable at all... So are thete limitations for the wiremap function???

Daniel

snowmanjax

Re: Wiremap Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 03:01:22 AM »
dloeliger,

Unfortunately, I am having a very similar issue to yours. My wiremap function (tried 3 different Android devices, and all of them the same error) fails on pins 1 and 8 when I try it on any cables 10m and above. I've fully updated all my devices (both their firmware, and PE app version), and even tried downgrading the PE firmware to a version before FW 26; still the same thing. I'm currently at FW 29 on my PE, and can't find any resolution.

Hopefully a forum admin will see this thread, and be able to shed some light on what's going on. Maybe the PE doesn't like being upgraded on Windows 10, I don't have a clue.

If you have any updates, make sure you post them here. Snowman out.

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
Thanks for the infos. We're looking this.

snowmanjax

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 11:44:14 AM »
jboxtel,

Thank you for the reply!  :)  I posted this question on some other thread, but is there a way to factory default the PE, or some firmware that downgrades the PE to factory? Thank you again for all you guys do!

steve

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »
I noticed the same think on the short supplied patch that used to pass
Wires 1 & 8 now open
Issue persisted soft reset
Latest iOS
Fw29

lanist

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 11:13:25 AM »
Same here on FW29 (as just arrived) and latest iOS.

It shows a break on line 8 in the supplied cable but a conventional wire tester says all is OK.

Results seem variable when checking other cables.

GregL

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »
HI all,
I have the same problem. I did some CAT.5 network for my client and all the cables showed miswire on all pairs. Conventional tester showed everything ok. Cables length are around 12-17. On 3m patchord everithing was ok, so  was a little confused and used conventional tester.
The other thing was that it could not get DHCP, but my laptop got it without problems.
Latest FW and iOS App.
Hope you can address that problem soon.

snowmanjax

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 03:00:41 AM »
Moderators,

Is there any update on this wiremap issue? I really need to use my PE again, as we're completely re-doing our network. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

dloeliger

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »
Hello,

Do you have any news about this? For the moment PE is unusable,  since the beginning... several months..

Daniel

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »
Hi all - we've put the wiremap function to some extensive testing, but cannot reproduce this issue. The wiremap test functions well, even on cables above a 100m in our test environment. In case you are still having this issue - please drop me an email with the details of your setup. jboxtel AT pockethernet.com

dloeliger

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
Hello,

So I redid some tests just to be sure.

So on cables ~100m, they all show pair 1 miswired - but with other tester they are ok...

I tested cat 7 cables with Neutrik EtherCon connectors (http://www.contrik.ch/en-ch/products/znk-ct1019067, http://www.neutrik.com/en/data/ethercon/ne8mx6-b). These are flexible cables.
I also tested some Sommercable Hybrid cables without success (http://shop.sommercable.com/en/Cables/Bulk-Cables-Hybrid/Hybridkabel-SC-Monocat-Power-212-500-0191-2.html). These are solid core cables.

These cables are all working fine at 1gbps for audio applications, so there's something weird with Pocketernet wiremap function... And BER is not working either...

I don't have standard cables to test other than length shorter than 20m (an here it works).

So...?

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »
Can you drop me an email with your original order number, also with the issues re. the BER.

jmvelez

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »
I have the same issue with Pocketethernet  all cables are shored.  Firmware 29

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »
Hi Jmvelez. Please provide me with more details. Jboxtel AT pockethernet.com - Please include screenshots, OS version, Firmware version and all details on your setup.