Author Topic: Couple of issues  (Read 171 times)

mercules

Couple of issues
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »
So i have had this tester for about 2 months now, but unfortunately it is too hit and miss to use as a daily tester. I work in the events industry running temporary cat5e and setting up wirelesss and wired networks.

I am finding the tester inaccurately reporting distance, and also the pair testing function is hit and miss on various brands of cable. Sometimes its passing and others it displays nothing. I use solid copper cable usually 24 AWG and EZ crimper and RJs. If i use my basic really old Fluke 620 it works every-time for distance and cable testing.

I have also noticed the PocketEthernet doesn't pick up DHCP with Cisco switches or routers. I can only put this down to perhaps the tester has a time limit so if it doesn't get a IP within say 10 seconds it will stop the test. Cisco switches can take up to 30 seconds to pass IP details.

Hopefully the devs can fix these issues and i really like the concept but for me at this point in time its not reliable enough.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:25:12 AM by mercules »

jboxtel

• Administrator
Re: Couple of issues
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:40:11 PM »
Hi Mercules. Re. your timeout issue, there's a option tools - settings to set the timeout to 60 sec. That should solve the issue.
Re. the first issue, can you let me know which firmware you are using, and if you're using the latest app version?