Author Topic: Support for Mac OS  (Read 233 times)

keith-gould

Support for Mac OS
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »
Folks, top marks for the product so far but a little sad to get it out of the box, find it want's a firmware update (no problem with that, in fact great job) but down to find that you currently don't support firmware upgrades using MacOS. We have no access to windows or Linux.

eits

Re: Support for Mac OS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »
has any mac-user tried doing a fw upgrade using a vm so far? should not be a big problem passing the usb connection into the virtualised os?!

keith-gould

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »
I haven't and I'd prefer not to have to go to those lengths.

There's an implication that the device should support firmware upgrades in some Apple friendly way, after all it has an iOS client, and I'd bet that the majority of iOS users have their kit working in an Apple centric environment.

XanxusNagi

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »
This is not a thread for asking to join. You are meant to make your own below

puchelaar

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 07:23:34 PM »
I'd very much appreciate MacOS/OS X support. I have a Windows installation (Bootcamp) on my Mac, so I managed, but having the choice would be better IMHO...

JohnnyGTO

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »
Mac OS would be helpful. I've used Parallels with Windows 10 on a 2009 Macbook Pro without any real difficulty. I just don't like that extra layer of sw when messing with firmware.

islandtech

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 07:15:29 PM »
+1
I would love to be able to update the firmware from my Mac instead of booting up a linux box