Author Topic: Wiremap Issues  (Read 2041 times)

casey_jones

Re: Wiremap Issues
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
Hi, I just recieved my unit. Upgraded to V29.  Wiremap seems unreliable. Even on the short supplied cable. Sometimes ok. sometimes fails. battery was charged for 8hours at least. when wiremap fails a ber test ok and repeating the wiremap still fail (of course swap around loopback/wiremap unit).

gsgx

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 02:11:27 PM »
I can confirm there are issues.

Tried with all wires connected besides green and green-white.  Test reports states these and also orange and orange-white are interrupted. 

Have sent a report.

Daniel26

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 01:55:56 PM »
I also found an issue.
With the delivered cable, 1,2 and shield is cut. Testet it again with a 1m pathc cable (cat 5), 1 and 8 are cut.
Another 1m patch cable (cat 5e) 1, 8 and shield are cut.

Al cables are also tested with an microtest TWP and are OK.

Regards

Daniel

tstalzer

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 12:46:37 PM »
Hello @All

Unfortunately, We are having the same issues. All cables above 10m seem to be unreliable. Shorter cables are a 50% chance that they are reported o.k.

This has cost me a couple hourse of work on a client installation. After the problems on the wiremap were reported, we changed 10 keystone modules only to discover the reported errors on PocketEthernet were still there. Unfortunately, I did not have my "normal" network tester (FLuke Linkrunner) with me. After a second visit to the customer site, all cables were verified and ok with the LinkRunner....

So V29 & PocketEthernet is useless for use for wiremap testing (other features are great!)

JeffB

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 09:40:47 PM »
FWIW,

I am on a much older unit, but v29 working great with my wiremap adapter.  The problems seem like they could be the wiremap adapter. 

See this thread for more info.

http://forum.pockethernet.com/index.php?topic=118.15

dloeliger

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 06:54:41 AM »
That tread is about a feature request, not a problem!