Author Topic: Wiremap Issues  (Read 514 times)

dloeliger

Wiremap Issues
« on: August 11, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »
Hello,

I'm currently having quite some issues with the wiremap fuction.
FW: 29
SW: last iOS

Maybe it's a special cable, solid core, 100m. Testing with an other wire tester, all is ok. Pockethernet: 7 an shield connected... Second cable (same product): Other tester: ok, Pockethernet: 1-2-3 bridged, or 3 borken, or all ok and 7 and shield bridged...
On short cables no problem, but here it isn't reliable at all... So are thete limitations for the wiremap function???

Daniel

snowmanjax

Re: Wiremap Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 03:01:22 AM »
dloeliger,

Unfortunately, I am having a very similar issue to yours. My wiremap function (tried 3 different Android devices, and all of them the same error) fails on pins 1 and 8 when I try it on any cables 10m and above. I've fully updated all my devices (both their firmware, and PE app version), and even tried downgrading the PE firmware to a version before FW 26; still the same thing. I'm currently at FW 29 on my PE, and can't find any resolution.

Hopefully a forum admin will see this thread, and be able to shed some light on what's going on. Maybe the PE doesn't like being upgraded on Windows 10, I don't have a clue.

If you have any updates, make sure you post them here. Snowman out.

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
Thanks for the infos. We're looking this.

snowmanjax

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 11:44:14 AM »
jboxtel,

Thank you for the reply!  :)  I posted this question on some other thread, but is there a way to factory default the PE, or some firmware that downgrades the PE to factory? Thank you again for all you guys do!

steve

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »
I noticed the same think on the short supplied patch that used to pass
Wires 1 & 8 now open
Issue persisted soft reset
Latest iOS
Fw29

lanist

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 11:13:25 AM »
Same here on FW29 (as just arrived) and latest iOS.

It shows a break on line 8 in the supplied cable but a conventional wire tester says all is OK.

Results seem variable when checking other cables.

GregL

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »
HI all,
I have the same problem. I did some CAT.5 network for my client and all the cables showed miswire on all pairs. Conventional tester showed everything ok. Cables length are around 12-17. On 3m patchord everithing was ok, so  was a little confused and used conventional tester.
The other thing was that it could not get DHCP, but my laptop got it without problems.
Latest FW and iOS App.
Hope you can address that problem soon.

snowmanjax

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 03:00:41 AM »
Moderators,

Is there any update on this wiremap issue? I really need to use my PE again, as we're completely re-doing our network. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.