Author Topic: PoE won't work - Firmware 28  (Read 546 times)

doktormac

PoE won't work - Firmware 28
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:11:35 AM »
Hi, With Firmware 28, PoE test doesn't work.
I know there is a PoE, because I unswiched our working WLAN-PoE Station and tried to measure with Pockethernet.

Thanks for help/fixing.

Kind Regards
DoktorMac, Peter, Bern

jboxtel

• Administrator
Re: PoE won't work - Firmware 28
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »
Hi Peter. Have you updated the app as well? (Android one only came online this morning)

doktormac

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »
Hi Jboxtel,
iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.2.
Which version has Pockethernet?

Kind Regards
DoktorMac, Peter, Bern

doktormac

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »
Any help/suggestions?
DoktorMac, Peter, Bern

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:58:53 AM »
What exactly happens, does the app give you an error? Can you send me a screenshot of the results? (jboxtel AT pockethernet.com)

snowmanjax

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 03:26:06 AM »
doktormac,

Are you using Ubiquiti (A.K.A. UniFi) equipment? A lot of Ubiquiti uses passive POE, which Pockethernet doesn't work with yet. Passive POE isn't exactly standardized either. While we wait for the awesome Pockethernet team to help us with passive POE, there is a cheap solution out there. It's called a WS-POE-Tester, and it's made by WiFi Texas. The device is ~$40 USD, and gives both active and passive POE voltages. However, it doesn't do much else other than that.

If you are using Ubiquiti (or any other company that uses passive POE) equipment, look into the WiFi Texas solution. It is in no way a replacement for your Pockethernet, but it does serve the purpose of detecting POE voltages, and is powered by the POE voltage it detects.

I have both devices, and they both have their purposes. Hope this post has helped you in some way.

snowmanjax