Author Topic: Battery life when not in use  (Read 1791 times)

allen.trigg

Battery life when not in use
« on: November 09, 2016, 01:50:53 AM »
Dear gentlemen,
This is more of a query than an issue...

My PE was fully charged Friday afternoon, stored in its pouch, i went to use it early Monday morning and the battery was dead flat.

is it normal to need to charge the battery everyday even when not in use?

best regards

Allen

snowmanjax

Re: Battery life when not in use
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 03:38:27 AM »
allen.trigg,

It is actually quite easy to accidentally turn on the PE when it is in its pouch. Mine lasts through most of my work shift (12-16 hours), I charge it overnight, and it's good to go in the morning. Try to check that it is off. There is a post that mentions the PE being easy to turn on in its pouch, and a suggestion to make it a 3 second hold to turn on. Go ahead and read through all the posts on this forum.  I found some sweet items, and REALLY smart people that are willing to help.

snowmanjax

allen.trigg

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:31 AM »
Hi Snowmanjax,
yep i saw that post, i even put a rubber block with a hole in the center over the button so i need to use a pen to turn my PE on... still went flat over the weekend...
also it was fully charged last night... turn it on this morning and the power light was green instead of white... and that was turned off sitting on my desk.

I'm wondering is the PE still actually running when the power light is off?

best regards

Allen

snowmanjax

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 06:36:35 PM »
Allen,

Sorry to hear that, that's all I got. Hope you find your solution!

snowmanjax

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 06:41:53 PM »
Hi Allen. That doesn't sound right. Did you charge the device fully after you got it, it might be that it wasn't full charged when you got it. (LED is blue when charging, turns white when it's full) The device should switch off after 2 minutes if it doesn't have bluetooth connection. (in case it is still connected to your phone it doesn't)

allen.trigg

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 12:34:32 AM »
Hi jboxtel,
yep, first thing i did after reading the instructions was plug it into charge and left it till the led was white instead of blue.

its not an issue i was just curious is all.

so far I've done a couple of full days worth of testing and it hasn't run out of power when i start with a full charge, its just when i leave it over night it seems to deplete.

I've tested the auto power off and that seems to work perfect :)

best regards

Allen

allen.trigg

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 01:02:47 AM »
Hi Jboxtel,
have the same issue again with the battery being flat first thing on Monday morning even tho it was fully charged Friday afternoon.
do you have any troubleshooting tips i can try to figure out what might be causing this?

also i tried making a post with 2 attachments (both jpg less than 100kb) but i got an error saying could not access path to attachments

best regards

Allen

filippodei

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 03:31:26 PM »
Same situation.  I think its damaged the battery.

Mike1233

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 10:47:58 PM »
I have carried the PE for about 12 day in her pouch in my bag for work. It stays in the car by day when i am at work and the car isn't in use so no heating. It was even below zero for a few days. At the evening i take it inside the house every day. I have tried the PE today and the status led is still white. That should be fully charged. Till now no problems.

allen.trigg

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »
Hi Mike,
thanks for the info... that is the sort of battery life i was expecting to see.

makes me think same as what filippodei said... was hoping to avoid this but looks like its time to start hacking the hardware :)

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 12:32:51 PM »
Hi Allan. Drop me an email (jboxtel[at]pockethernet.com), and we'll have a look if it's an hardware issue with your device. If so we can send you a replacement.

panchocole

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 09:37:02 PM »
I can fully charge up my device, leave it on my desktop in the pouch, and several days later the battery is dead flat. This has happened three times now. I make sure all lights are off when I put it away, and the button isn't going to hit the end of the case, as I put it on the end with the terminator but slide the terminator away from the button.

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »
Hi Panchocole. Please drop me an email, and i'll have a look at it. jboxtel AT pockethernet.com

bobc

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 07:53:14 PM »
My unit seems to have this issue also.
I have left it fully charged Friday night on my desk, off, nothing plugged in and found it discharged Monday morning.
This has happened at least 3 times and I have never come back on a Monday and had it useable before charging.
Initially I though maybe the wireless link kept looking for a connection, but if I turn it off, the iPhone doesn't see one.
So I am not sure what to look at next.

Thanks for your help.

While I am glad other units hold their charge for days/weeks, mine has never maintained its charge over a weekend. Even day to day, each morning I have to charge it for an hour before the LED changes from blue to white. If it weren't for this issue I would carry it with all the time, but charging it first thing every morning, or waiting an hour to charge it when I need it makes it much less useful. I still use it for somethings but not for first response trouble shooting. Too bad there is no solution.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:45:30 PM by bobc »

mikee

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 02:00:31 PM »
My unit has this issue also. I have tried to email jboxtel, however it always comes back with a failure message...I would really like to get this issue resolved as it is quite annoying

Thank you for the help