Author Topic: Wiremap/Loopback Adapter Case  (Read 1972 times)

eits

Re: Wiremap/Loopback Adapter Case
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
any progress to the addon-case4adapter topic or even a roadmap??

AllanL

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 01:16:48 PM »
I hope you can offer some kind of silicone skin or similar bumper style cover for the PE unit as well per my other feature suggestion.  Would ruggedize  the unit quite a bit and prevent it from sliding off of smooth rack equipment, etc. Thanks.

Medium wall silicone rubber tubing, cut to length, would probably do the job.
I don't have mine to hand but I'd guess that it would be in the 50~60mm internal diameter range.

JeffB

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 01:20:25 AM »
What I ended up doing was this:

Bought these from Amazon.  Can cozies for the Red Bull sized cans (I don't drink that crap BTW.)  Anyhow, they fit the Pockethernet perfectly if you trim them shorter. Then you have a nice protective case.   

http://a.co/cqcmKRG

jboxtel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 03:03:24 PM »
Re. the bumper - it's since a long time on our roadmap, but right now our priorities are in the development of the unit and the company. It might come soon, it might take a while - I can't really give a good estimate of when we will produce one.

Re. terminator casings - we're selling the terminators with a new casing separately here: https://pockethernet.com/store/2/pockethernet-terminator (Please note they have the same ID as the original terminator that came with the unit)
In case you have an old terminator with the white heat shrink tubing and absolutely want the new casing - please write me about it, so I can see if we can work something out. Jboxtel AT pockethernet