How to Firmware upgrade
v21: Initial release of new firmware
v22: Bugfixes for Bluetooth and BER test, quick measurement functionInstallation
Pockethernet device firmware upgrade utility:
Please read through the respective instructions below before starting.Please note that the old Pockethernet application will not work with the device after the firmware upgrade!
0. Do not connect Pockethernet to the USB port yet!
1. Download the zip package and extract it to any folder
2. Driver installation for Windows 7 and 8 only: Open the folder in a Windows file explorer, right click "Pockethernet Driver Beta.inf", select "Install". Confirm installation. (No actual driver binary needs to be installed, the inf file only instructs Windows to use its built-in USB CDC serial driver with Pockethernet)
Windows 10 already has the necessary driver built-in.
3. Start the application, "Pockethernet Firmware Updater v21.exe" (Needs the .NET framework 4 installed)
4. Connect Pockethernet to the USB port
5. The firmware updater should recognize the device and show its serial number and current SW version
6. Click the 'Start Update' button
7. during the upgrade process, all 4 wire-pair LEDs turn blue. After a succesfull upgrade, the LEDs turn green (or red if there was a failure during the upgrade)
8. Once the update has finished, disconnect Pockethernet from the USB portLinuxhttp://pockethernet.com/PE_firmware/pockethernet-v22-fwupgrade.tar.gz
The updater is a single 64-bit executable, also containing the firmware image for the device
1. Download the archive file
2. Extract the file 'pockethernet-v21-beta-fwupgrade'. If needed, make it executable ($ chmod +x pockethernet-v21-beta-fwupgrade)
3. Plug in Pockethernet to the USB port and check dmesg or the system log to see which tty device it has been assigned (usually /dev/ttyACM0)
4. Run the updater with "./pockethernet-v21-beta-fwupgrade /dev/ttyACMx"
5. during the upgrade process, all 4 wire-pair LEDs turn blue. After a succesfull upgrade, the LEDs turn green (or red if there was a failure during the upgrade)